RE: RDF techniques

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 12:26:02 +1000
To: Lisa Seeman <seeman@netvision.net.il>
Cc: "'W3c-Wai-Gl@W3.Org (E-mail)'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Lisa Seeman writes:

 > Yes, that is what I am volunteering for, RDF techniques would involve
 > writing a vocabulary for accessibility through RDF.
Or, more likely, multiple vocabularies. There is already one for SVG,
see
SVG Linearization and Accessibility
http://www.w3.org/2001/svgRdf/

What kind of information would you wish to represent in RDF? Have
you formulated any requirements? Such development may not fall within
this working group's Charter, but if there is interest in pursuing it
further I am sure a suitable place can be found (perhaps in PF
initially, if not in WCAG). What we would need at the outset, I
suspect, is an indication of the requirements and of the level of
interest in working on the proposal. Specifically this means that the
nature of what the RDF schema are designed to accomplish and the kinds
of relationships to be represented therein, would need to be defined
at least to the point of making it possible to evaluate the proposal
and ascertain the kind of work that would be involved.