RE: WCAG 2.0 usage scenarios

I agree that providing two levels of detail will be useful.  It may be a way
to address some of the concerns Bob Regan raised in his response to WCAG 2.0
as a whole-- that it raises the bar significantly and may pose serious
issues for "beginning and intermediate" developers who use WYSIWYG tools
since they'd be required to do hand-coding (though that's true now as well);
Bob also points out that the document is more technical than 1.0, which may
pose barriers to non-technical readers (policy wonks, managers, etc.).  The
two levels of detail might help there.

It seems to me, too, that offering two levels of detail is consistent with
the practices we're recommending/requiring n 4.1.

John

John Slatin, Ph.D.
Director, Institute for Technology & Learning
University of Texas at Austin
FAC 248C, Mail code G9600
Austin, TX 78712
ph 512-495-4288, f 512-495-4524