For today

From: Lisa Seeman <seeman@netvision.net.il>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 00:26:55 -0700
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
As a basis for today's discussion, I think we should keep in mind :

  a..  We are righting guidelines for Peaple with impairments, and not just
to increase  site usability. The checkpoint must address the needs of people
with cognitive impairments.
  b..  We have an agreement on how to set success criteria

 Resolved at the moment (I think) according to
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2002/08/08-minutes.html are:

Criteria for Level 1 Success Criteria  {All of the criteria should be true}

-                    Must be testable  (Machine or HIRR)  [as per previous
email]

-                    We want to recommend that Level 1 be done everywhere
[or almost everywhere?]

o        Therefore needs to be things that can be done on every site - no
exceptions unless the exception is in the success criteria.

-                    Important to access - not just relatively minor
usability tuning.  If these aren't done - people can't access the
information.  (e.g. no captions)

Level 2

-                    Must be testable  (Machine or HIRR)

-                    Things that go beyond Level 1 but that can still be
done on essentially all content on all sites (if designed properly)

Level 3

-                    Things that are testable (Machine or HIRR)

All the best,

Lisa Seeman

UnBounded Access

Widen the World Web