EARL Re: use PICS for accessibility?

Hi Marco,

EARL is now being produced by three or four accessibility testing tools -
Page Valet, MUTAT, AccVerify/AccMonitor, and I think Insight or Infocus.

So testing is about working out how to store EARL and whether what we have
now is enough to start making tools work together. The really useful thing is
not just to have information about whether a page passes WCAG (although that
is a start - a service like ableFish which is a serach engine that ranks
results also by accessibility testing would probably be happier if there were
more EARL around for it to read) but to be able to take information from a
variety of sources and use it to repair a page - perhaps even by producing a
proxy transformation that fixes the original page.

(The really really useful thing is that it should help people build processes
to make sure they don't make any more inaccessible pages, but small stetps
are better than none).

Cheers

Chaals

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Bazzmann.Com - Marco Trevisan wrote:

>Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>>
>> Cool idea. It was done -
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/1999AprJun/0161.html
>--cut--
> > http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/#earl for links to recent work.
>
>Hi Charles!
>Is it available for some test, or yet under working?
>
>Oh... sorry... may we are off topic with this thread in this list? :/

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ---------------- WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia       fax(fr) +33 4 92 38 78 22