Re: IRC and teleconferences...

Hello,

The teleconferences on Thursdays are currently conducted only by phone.  We do not intend that people will attend the meetings by IRC instead of phone.

It is not possible to use a video conferencing system since most people are not set up to do videoconferencing.

We could take minutes in the IRC channel to help people understand what is happening in the telephone conversation.  This could be helpful for people whom English is not their first language.

The IRC channel has primarily been used for phone management during the meetings. We have an IRC interface to the phone bridge and we can mute noisy phone lines if needed.

It is possible to conduct the "new participants tours" by IRC only.

Perhaps if it is not possible for our new European participants to attend by phone we can work out an alternative.

--wendy

--
wendy a chisholm
world wide web consortium