crieria for Success criteria.

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <GV@TRACE.WISC.EDU>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 01:04:52 -0500
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Hi All,

At the last GL Teleconference call we discussed the levels of
conformance and how to determine what goes in which.   I promised to
take a crack at capturing what has been discussed and done in this
regard.

Here is what it looks like so far

1.	We decided that success criteria had to all be things that were
testable.   This could either be

A)     machine testing

or

B)    Human testing with a high inter-rater reliability (HIRR).  (i.e.
most raters who understand issue and/or measure would all say the same
thing.)

2.	We also decided that Levels 1 and 2 would have to be things that
applied to all (types of) sites.

*       This is especially important for Level 1 - since no type of
conformance could be claimed if without all level one items.  And if we
made it so that some sites could not reasonably meet a level 1, we would
be making it so that some sites could make not claims of accessibility.

 These are posted to the list for discussion as consensus items