RE: auto set focus and accessibility

From: Slaydon, Eugenia <ESlaydon@beacontec.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 13:03:50 -0400
To: "'Lisa Seeman'" <seeman@netvision.net.il>, "W3c-Wai-Gl@W3.Org (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, "W3c-Wai-Pf@W3.Org (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>
This is very common practice in pages with forms. I've fought it in the past
as an accessibility issue - but usually clients overrule the decision. WCAG
1 did address it in the don't change focus, page, etc without notifying the
user - right off hand I can't think of where it is addressed in WCAG 2.
Eugenia Slaydon
Lead Content Developer
Beacon Technologies, Inc.
336-931-1295 ext 225