Re: Checkpoint 5.2, level 2 success criteria

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 10:37:01 +1000
To: Web Content Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

So if we adopted Lee's proposal, the success criteria would read:

1. The technologies and features below the baseline have been
   independently implemented in at least two user agents.
Note: Independent implementation means that those components of the
   user agent which implement the relevant technologies and features,
   must have been written independently, e.g., by different vendors or
   suppliers.

2. Technologies and features below the baseline must be supported by
   at least one prior version of two or more user agents which, in
   their latest versions, provide such support.

3. At least two user agents implementing the technologies and features
   below the baseline support the primary natural language of the
   content.

The wording can probably be improved, but I think this is a reasonable
specification of what Lee is proposing.