From: Charles McCathieNevile [mailto:charles@w3.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 8:44 AM
To: WAI GL
Subject: illustrating content - tables of figures

One area where it is helpful to illustrate, and where it is technically
trivially easy in many cases is tables of numeric data. Programs to
transform these into graphic representations have been available as
mass-market software at least since 1990.

I would suggest that one criteria is that all tables of numeric data are
accompanied by a graphic representation.

At the level of techniques, there is information I have read when I studied
this stuff explaining different kinds of graphing techniques, and some
results of testing the different ones for usability. If anyone has current
knowledge and experience some references would be helpful.

Charles McCN

--
Charles McCathieNevile    http://www.w3.org/People/Charles  phone: +61 409
134 136