Re: word comprhension

At 09:37 AM 2002-03-28 , Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>It would appear that this is readily available using Speech synthesis markup
>language and XSLT (or XSLT 2 perhaps)... or someone can make smarter and
>smarter speech synthessisers. If Audio CSS allowed something equivalent to
>SSML's say-as propoerty, we would be closer perhaps.

Sorry, you are missing the main brunt of Jonathan's remarks.

Yes, SSML, modularized, provides the WCAG piece.  But who/how accesses the dictionary?

One of the creative things he raises is uploading your pronunciation repairs to the community.

What Annotea would like to do.

But personal data is in LDAP today, not RDF.  So we need LDAP bindings for the SSML.  To make the web whole.

Al