visual and auditory navigation: examples needed

From: jonathan chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 03:46:43 +0000
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
http://www.peepo.com is being redesigned.

Can anyone point to good simple examples for navigation,which have been
designed for 'machine readers'

I am concerned that users with a 'reader' will find the 'standard' links
repetitive.
Using css, or tabindex these could be placed at the end of the document.
Is there an inherent confusion between the auditory and visual channels
with regard to navigation?
(ie that visually we select the 'new'), and if so a recognised and
succesful approach?
many links are visually 'greyed out', as in a drop-down, or otherwise,
how is this best achieved for the non-visual community.

It does seem though that SLD users will prefer 'reading on action' as
this will be less demanding.
Is it common(or a standard) for readers to provide an on mouse-over read
setting?

The beta is here: http://www.peepo.com/main.html, this will change.
click on music then top of the pops, or alternatively 'A'.
We are testing a graphical breadcrumb trail.
how do breadcrumbs work best in the context of a 'reader'

thanks