RE: Multiple versions of a page

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 16:44:43 +1100
To: Web Content Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
If this thread is to make any further progress, someone needs to write
a proposal related to the guidelines. Here is what we know so far:

1. Server-side techniques are already being worked on. Those who are
   interested, but not already involved, should contact Wendy Chisholm
   <wendy@w3.org> to coordinate.

2. It is agreed by everyone involved that server-side techniques will
   have an impact upon the nature of our conformance scheme, most
   significantly in determining how content for which multiple
   versions exist can satisfy the guidelines and how a conformance
   claim should be scoped to ensure that the information it provides
   regarding the accessibility of the content is useful and accurate.

Does anybody want to write a proposal in relation to either or both of
these issues? Are there any other issues in this area that ought to be
discussed? If so, how do they affect the guidelines?