RE: New WCAG 2 HTML techniques document posted

From: Robert Neff <robert.neff@uaccessit.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:34:13 -0600
To: "'Matt May'" <mcmay@bestkungfu.com>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
I am impressed.

Here are my comments on Forms.

Comment 1.  Under forms, rules, the document states the "graphical form
submit button created with INPUT, type="image" creates a type of
server-side image map."  However, in the "Technique for specific
controls", it states to us the "alt" tag.  This was a big issue on a
design project a couple of years back. Suggest we reword any possible
ambiguity or interpretation.

Issue: I think stated this way it confuses the reader on what is or is
not accesptable.

Solution:  Propose changing the wording to add a link to the technique
in the rules or even stating if imput="image" is used, then an alt tag
must also be use int he form control, see technique