RE: More useful information for 3.3

I agree that the author should be free to decide. What I'm saying is
that we have not articulated that position, and its implications,
clearly enough in our drafts and discussions.

We must make it plain that providing multiple versions is one way to
satisfy the checkpoint. Otherwise, authors reading the checkpoint are
unlikely to understand what their options are. If they mistakenly
think the checkpoint prohibits them from publishing anything that a
child could not easily understand, they will howl bloody murder, and
rightly so.

Jo