Re: Checkpoint 4.4 Review

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:00:11 -0800
To: Loretta Guarino Reid <lguarino@Adobe.com>, jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au
Cc: Web Content Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 11:24 AM -0800 2/22/02, Loretta Guarino Reid wrote:
>Does anyone know what technologies would qualify today under this definitions
>of "widely available"? What technology was supported by 3 screen readers 3
>years ago and 3 user agents 4 years ago?

I doubt such records exist and are widely available to web developers;
therefore, I suspect that it will simply prove impractical to consider
this as our criteria.

I don't disagree in theory, but lacking such detailed records, such as
a month-by-month breakdown of what technologies were deployed when and
on what, I think this will prove to be impossible for web developers
and policy makers to use as a standard.

--Kynn

Next Book: Teach Yourself CSS in 24       http://cssin24hours.com