Re: WCAG1 10.3

Lee Roberts wrote:
> 10.3 - Until user agents render side-by-side text correctly provide a linear
> text alternative (on the current page or some other) for all tables that lay
> out text in parallel, word-wrapped columns.
>
> Shouldn't this checkpoint be a priority 1 point?

Actually, there's talk that this shouldn't even be a checkpoint, as
all current assistive technology seems to do this, plus there are
solutions (e.g. proxies) which cover the rest.

> It seems that there has
> been talk about making layout tables a priority 1 point.

Talk where?  If it's talk about changing WCAG 1, that's not going to
happen -- the W3C process for WCAG doesn't involve changing checkpoints
in WCAG 1 years after they've been issued.  If you're talking about
WCAG 2, I haven't heard such talk, plus also note that it has not
been decided yet what "priorities" will look like WCAG 2 -- they might
be WCAG 1 style "priority 1" et al, or they might not be.

--Kynn