Re: 3.3 action item

Lisa,

The National Cancer Institute has created a set of design guidelines based on research.  Each guideline lists the research that it is based on.

One guideline that is related to checkpoint 3.3 is:
Write sentences with 20 or fewer words and paragraphs with fewer than five sentences. Use lists to break up long sentences.

These statements are easily testable.

They provide a good example.
http://usability.gov/guidelines/content.html#two

Your statement is not as easily testable as what they have suggested.
> Use short sentences . Short sentences success criteria proposal: sentences
>contain no more
> than one relative clause at least for instructions.

just fyi,
--wendy

p.s. Jo, did you have anything to do with this site?

--
wendy a chisholm
world wide web consortium