Re: [CSS-TECHS] numbers instead of names, proposal

I agree with your proposal, Wendy.

Thank you for the updated CSS-TECHS issues list.
Regarding Chuck Baslock's question [1], I cannot find a Mac browser
that the example works in either (Chuck tested it in a variety of
Windows browsers).

The alternative example below does work in the following browsers:
Mozilla 0.9.7 Mac
IE 5.5 Mac
Opera 5.0b5.465 Mac
iCab 2.5.3 (Mac)
IE 5-6 Windows
Netscape 4.7 Windows (border is only as wide as the text in N4, of course)
Netscape 6.2 Windows
Opera 5 Windows
AOL 6.0 Windows

Someone else may know a shorter and more elegant way to write it, though.

Example.
<HEAD>
    <TITLE>Redline with style sheets</TITLE>
    <STYLE type="text/css">
         H1 {border-top-width: 2px;
             border-top-style: solid;
             padding-top: 4px;
             border-color: red }
    </STYLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <H1>Chapter 8 - Auditory and Tactile Displays</H1>
    </BODY>
End example.

Jo

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2001JanMar/0657.html