Re: [CSS-TECHS] numbers instead of names?

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:10:34 -0800
To: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
At 6:23 PM -0500 1/14/02, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:
>The CSS1 spec lists the following color names:
>aqua, black, blue, fuchsia, gray, green, lime, maroon, navy, olive,
>purple, red, silver, teal, white, and yellow
>
>Can anyone verify that this statement is true? If so, then we can
>get rid of the statement since font in HTML is deprecated and color
>names in CSS would be supported.

We should get rid of it, with a statement to use either RGB values or
the 16 allowed colors above.  As for those 124 other colors on someone's
list, we should not encourage their use until they are part of an
official CSS specification and a statement to that effect could be
useful, but doesn't necessarily warrant its own statement for
accessibilty's sake.

--Kynn

Forthcoming: Teach Yourself CSS in 24 Hours