RE: CSS versus tables

From: PERRY, Grant <Grant.Perry@qed.qld.gov.au>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 12:06:43 +1000
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Using CSS to layout pages can but a little difficult at first until you
understand how and what to use in your CSS. But after you have a better
understand of CSS and how to use it for layout the time it take to layout a
page it around the same as using tables.

Here is an article that started me off which I found quite helpful at the
time. The only time when you may take longer doing it in CSS than in tables
in when you come against a different style of layout that is considerably
different to what you have been doing in this case you'll just need to sit
down and conceptualize, and 'play' until you have come up with an acceptable

Grant Perry