RE: accessible forms

I'm not ruling out the possibility that the code isn't valid, although it
seems to be, or that my limited evaluation resources aren't to blame (I used
HomePage Reader v. 3.0 instead of JAWS.  I am but a simple web designer...).
But here's the scenario:

The menu options show up as "this option [off]" unless one is selected, in
which case it changes to "this option [selected]."  Once a user has selected
their option from the drop-down menu, the only way - outside of using the
mouse to go to the next form field - to get anywhere is to finish tabbing
through the remaining options in that menu.  The only way to avoid this is
to tab PAST the entire menu itself.

If the fault is invalidly coded HTML, then that may still be an issue to
address, as the forms are quite commonly done this way, and I haven't yet
run across any that my screen reader doesn't treat in the same way.

Chris O'Kennon
Commonwealth of Virginia Webmaster/
VIPNet Portal Architect
www.myvirginia.org <http://www.myvirginia.org>

"Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore,
you will never know the terror of being forever lost at sea."