Re: 4.1 and satire

From: jonathan chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 10:18:00 +0100
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
CC: john_slatin <john_slatin@forum.utexas.edu>, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Well I disagree with charles*, satire can be accessible, in the sense of
'give me a handle**'
children love liliput, never mind the heavy political thud***.
Only AAA conformance has this facility, cf. lyrics & score.
AA or A attempt a more rigorous relation.

thanks

jonathan

*To suggest that timetables are more important than art is a leg-pull,
unfortunately one that has yet to dawn on the sponsors of w3.

**if a can, can can-can, can it can-can with me?
This may not translate well,  however a short animation is easily
imagined, and provides a handle.
This does not explain the pun, but does provide a place for leverage.

***The film 'Soylent green' is a re-telling of the very ancient story of
mass-cannibalism, didn't Philip K Dick also write a version?
The Cyclops,The Sirens, Circe, Lord of the Flies, and a host of others
uncover our fear of the beast within.