Checkpoint 1.2 success criteria proposal re: real-time content

From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 13:54:16 -0400
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Cc: geoff_freed@wgbh.org

Paul, Cynthia, and I took an action item at the 23 May telecon [1] to
suggest improved success criteria for Checkpoint 1.2 regarding real-time

We've put together a proposal at [2].  Our proposed changes are marked with
the class "proposed" and appear in white text with a red background.

The complete text of checkpoint 1.2 appears on this page, but we have only
changed the pieces that are marked.  We wanted to see it in context.

- The "unless" clause on SC # 4 is derived from "Federal Captioning
Mandates: What They Are and What They Mean to You." [3]
- We asked Geoff Freed about real-time audio descriptions.  He said that
they (NCAM) have provided audio descriptions on special occasions but there
is nothing happening regularly in the broadcast world that he is aware of.

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2002/05/23-minutes.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2002/05/cp1-2.html
[3] http://main.wgbh.org/wgbh/pages/captioncenter/cis.html

wendy a chisholm