Re: Sifting the gold

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 14:15:32 +1000 (EST)
To: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

To Gregg's summary of the recent discussion I would add:

Al's suggestion that descriptors (key-words etc.) be provided in
metadata. This should enable search and/or filtering tools to give more
meaningful results, while enabling the subject matter and nature of the
content to be clearly identified.

Someone ought to take an action item to review the discussion of 4.1 (then
3.3) by Lisa, Jo et al., earlier this year, to ensure that all the
relevant points have been incorporated into the draft. I know that Gregg
was very careful in trying to include all of the strategies presented, but
it would probably be worth an additional check to make sure that nothing
was missed.

As I remember, some of the ideas emerging from the 4.1 work fitted more
appropriately under what is now 4.2, and other checkpoints in the
document.

I would volunteer for the action item if I had time available, which just
at the moment, regrettably, I don't.