Re: 4.1

From: jonathan chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 07:29:35 +0100
To: Lisa Seeman <seeman@netvision.net.il>
CC: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

I have to agree with Lisa, the present guideline 4.1[3.3] offensive in part.

there is no mention of peer review, which is the standard and recognised
method for assessment.

please find below an edited version:

      Checkpoint 4.1 [3.3] Write as clearly and simply as is possible.

        Success criteria

          You will have successfully met Checkpoint 4.1 at the Minimum
          Level if:

   1. Content is written as clearly and simply as the author feels is
      possible*

          You will have successfully met Checkpoint 4.1 at Level 2 if:

   1. Summaries and/or simpler versions are provided for key pages or
      sections of the site.

          You will have successfully met Checkpoint 4.1 at Level 3 if:

    * Your content is checked for comprehension, by users with a broad
      range of ability

please accept my apologies if I have not been as attentive as required.

thanks

jonathan

*unsuitable copyright material should be linked to, rather than included.