Re: FW: Conformance Level Determination

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:07:02 -0400 (EDT)
To: Gregg Vanderheiden <GV@TRACE.WISC.EDU>
cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Well, I think there are sites that should not be able to claim conformance
because they are not accessible. Certain types of artworks )including graphic
arts, music, and some kinds of literature) are not going to be accessible.

We should be clear that sites in general should attempt all checkpoints at
all levels, since many of them will provide benefits to some group even
without providing general accessibility.

An implication of this is we need to identify any checkpoints that depend on
others to be useful - Gian (I think) did this at the Melbourne Face to face
meeting.

Cheers

Charles