From: Gregg Vanderheiden [mailto:GV@trace.wisc.edu]
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2002 4:50 pm
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: FW: And Web Sites for All

Gregg

------------------------------------
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Ind Engr - Biomed - Trace,  Univ of Wis
gv@trace.wisc.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: David L. Jaffe [mailto:jaffe@rrdmail.stanford.edu]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 8:25 PM
To: RESNA SIG-11 E-mail Distribution List
Subject: And Web Sites for All

And Web Sites for All
From: PC Magazine - May 7, 2002
By: Paul Bonner

The complexity of accessible Web design hit home for me one afternoon when I
was sitting in the office of a blind professor at the University of Texas at
Austin, watching as he navigated his screen-reader - equipped browser to the
most popular commerce site on the Web. "Amazon.com," announced the pleasant
voice, "189 links on page." At which point the voice began a torturously
slow recital, reading the "alt" text description of each of those 189 links.

Read the entire article at:
http://www.pcmag.com/article/0,2997,s%253D1487%2526a%253D25256,00.asp