WCAG 2.0 Working Draft

From: Steve Scott <scottsg@SRV4.LIB.ED.AC.UK>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 20:50:41 -0400
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
With regard to the above:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-wcag2-req-20020426/
I am forwarding comments received from my colleague in the
University of Edinburgh Disability Office.
I trust this may be of some assistance and wish you well in this
endeavour.

"I have had a look at the w3 working draft accessible guide for
  disability friendly language and I and have a few points to raise

  In the introduction (on line 2) it would be preferable if it read -
   - make Web content accessible to disabled people.

  In section 5 it would be preferable if it read -

  WCAG 2.0 will address as completely as possible the needs of
                users who are -
                          blind or visually impaired or have color deficit
or

                     distortions,
                  deaf or hearing impaired,
                          Or have -
                          specific learning difficulties, e.g. memory,
recall,

                          sequencing,
                   learning disabilities,
                          the inability to interpret and/or formulate language

                          symbols,
                   speech impairments,
                   paralysis, weakness, and other problems with
                          movement and coordination of limbs,
                  photo sensitive epilepsy,
                  and combinations thereof.

  I hope this is of use to you

  regards
  Lorna Thomas
  Disability Advisor"

Regards,
Steve Scott

Steve Scott
Library Online Editor  / University Web Team
Edinburgh University Library
George Square
EDINBURGH EH8 9LJ

Steve.Scott@ed.ac.uk