  From: Gregg Vanderheiden
  To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
  Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 3:55 PM
  Subject: VOTE

  Per discussion on telecon

  Please vote for the version you like by next Wednesday

  Paragraph on WCAG 1 AND 2.0

  Current proposed wordings.

  ----ALTERNATE 1----

  The WCAG group wants to make sure that people whose content conforms to WCAG 1.0 can make it conform to WCAG 2.0 as easily as possible. The group is trying to make WCAG 2.0 clearer and easier to use for a wide range of technology. But the two versions work from the same general principles.

  To show how to apply WCAG 2.0 for content that conforms to WCAG 1.0 there is a mapping from checkpoints in WCAG 1.0 to the requirements of WCAG 2.0.

  ----ALTERNATE 2----

  The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group is working carefully to enable organizations and individuals that have adopted WCAG 1.0 in the past to make a smooth transition to WCAG 2.0.  To facilitate this WCAG 2.0 is being designed to be a clearer, less technology specific version of the same principles found in 1.0.    To see how the two relate please refer to the Checkpoint Mapping Between WCAG 1.0 and  WCAG 2.0 Working Draft.

  ----ALTERNATE 3----

    The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group is working carefully to enable organizations and individuals that have adopted WCAG 1.0 in the past to make a smooth transition to WCAG 2.0.  To facilitate this transition, please refer to the Checkpoint Mapping Between WCAG 1.0  and WCAG 2.0 Working Draft for more detail on current correspondences.]

  Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
  Professor - Human Factors
  Depts of Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
  Director - Trace R & D Center