Erratum request

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 17:08:54 -0400 (EDT)
To: WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Hi folks,

I think it is known to this group that checkpoint 6.1

  Organize documents so
  they may be read without style sheets. For example, when an HTML document
  is
  rendered without associated style sheets, it must still be possible to read
  the document. [Priority 1]

doesn't work with XML, where a style sheet is reqired to allow a sensible
reading of the document. But this is not yet noted in the errata. I propose
the following errata for this checkpoint:

1. This checkpoint is only applicable to HTML documents.
2. This checkpoint does not require that stylesheets not be present, but
rather that the content of the document does not rely on style sheets for the
user to know what it is. (This is related to guidelines 2 and 3)

cheers

Chaals