RE: Please review: R2 proposal to supplement the current R1 pro posal

I have no objection to the new proposed R2.

I would like to suggest one small but (IMHO) important adjustment to the
proposed R1.  The pertinent part of the statement as proposed below reads as
follows:

"...it should be easy for policy
makers and individuals responsible for implementing policy  to understand,
cite and/or adopt WCAG 2.0 ..."

This is pretty much the language I proposed during the telecon two weeks
ago.  However, my proposal did not include the "/or" (in "and/or adopt WCAG
2.0"(, and I believe that "and/or adopt" is considerably weaker than "and
adopt."  So I propose that we delete "/or" from the proposed R1, and make it
read as follows:

==amended section of R1 begins==
"...it should be easy for policy
makers and individuals responsible for implementing policy  to understand,
cite and adopt WCAG 2.0 ..."
==amended section of proposed R1 ends===

John Slatin