Re: zoom tool-tips

From: jonathan chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 18:53:01 +0100
To: Matt May <mcmay@bestkungfu.com>
CC: WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
There are good reasons for allowing authors to specify the font-size of
tooltips*.

I'm not convinced this is solely a user agent issue.
the solution you've given, which I didn't know of so thanks, is as you
say operating level.

there may be a need for a ua level control, as well as html level
control, and os level(cascading similarly to css?).

Unless the  user is aware  of these controls,  they will not be able to
take advantage of them.

*working in a college environment, where many users have access to each
and every machine, and there is an expectation that upto 30 unique users
will use any one machine, it is not realistic to configure each machine
for every user. their logins do not give them access to a unique user space.
I hope this further explains the need for a variey of means to configure
such things....

thanks