RE: Multiple versions of a web page

At 7:39 PM -0500 12/31/01, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>Actually I don't think there is going to be a universal solution where there
>are 3, or 4, or two versions of a page that collectively p[roviide full
>accessibility.

I don't think there's going to be a universal solution where any <n>
number of versions can provide "full accessibility", whatever that means.
(Note that we're still working on good definitions for "accessibility",
let alone full accessibility.)

And by <n> I include one.  I don't think a single version of a page is
going to be more accessible than two (assuming they're built right), and
I think there's a good chance two will be more accessible than one.

The more ways you express something, the greater the chance that it will
reach the audience, if you're doing it right.  By offering multiple
choices of a web site, especially when it's technically trivial (such
as customizing a database-driven web site) you've already increased the
odds of any given user falling within the sphere of use of one of your
versions.

--Kynn

Forthcoming: Teach Yourself CSS in 24 Hours