Re: A single URI

"Kynn Bartlett":
> At 12:37 AM +0000 12/20/01, Jim Ley wrote:
> >I'd asked this before, can you please show me where in the public
drafts
> >of the CC/PP protocols, examples implementations etc. there exists
> >frameworks for describing users accessibiltity needs, I'm obviously
> >missing everything, or the working group has published something quite
> >different to what it's developing privately.
>
> I'm still confused as to why you can't see the framework for such.
> It seems obvious to me from reading the same documents.  I'm amazed
> that you continue to insist otherwise.

Simple links to the relevant parts would seem appropriate,

In http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2001OctDec/0546.html
I asked about figure 3.9 in <URL: http://www.w3.org/TR/CCPP-struct-vocab/
> which is an example CC/PP.  It's all about the technical, and nothing
about the user.

Consider charHeight - "for a text display device, the number of lines of
text that can be displayed" - that's nothing about the user, that's all
about the device, that's about the closest it gets to being useful in a
web accessibility terms (as defined.) and that's an optional part.

> There's no need for a database of what JAWS means, there's just a need
> for those user-agents to be made self-identifying under CC/PP as to
> what their capabilities are.  (At no time does the CC/PP-enabled
> server need to know what "JAWS" is, it just needs a profile which
> includes those _capabilities_.)

Okay, I'd like to add CC/PP to my user agent, can you provide me details
of where I can find a profile with the common elements so I can describe
it?

Jim.