Re: awareness

From: jonathan chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 08:40:05 +0000
To: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Jason wrote:
they should at least become aware of this particular issue so that they can
assess the consequences of using language in certain ways and decide whether
or not to avoid doing so.

This as true of metaphor as it is of tone.

Communication is very much more difficult and diverse than the current rather
tecchie version w3c/wai supports. I find it impossible to contribute to eo
documents, they support a heirarchic and business approach, which I believe
is antithetical to the meaning of accessibility. It would appear to exclude
all but the 'power brokers'. For me this is merely an indication of how
incapable our efforts are of appealing to the masses, our end users, and an
attempt at a rationalisation.

--

jonathan chetwynd

http://www.peepo.com "have fun surfing the net"