Re: tone as a guildeline?

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 21:39:19 -0500 (EST)
To: Gregg Vanderheiden <GV@TRACE.WISC.EDU>
cc: "'GLWAI Guidelines WG (GL - WAI Guidelines WG)'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
No, I am not at this stage suggesting that a guideline deal with Tone. I am
not sure how something gets raised as an issue, but I am happy with Jason's
suggestion that if there is a concrete proposal, it would be raised. As I
noted, I don't think we are even close yet.

If we have anything useful to say then I think we are getting into content
and effect to the extent that it impacts access - much as we do in various
other areas (such as the very sensible requirement that people who cannot
make use of each part of the content are nevertheless not excluded from using
whatever they can).

But at this stage I don't think the issue needs to be more than a thought in
the back of our collective minds (although it doesn't hurt to think about it
when we are posting ourselves <grin/>), and an intersting question for those
who are looking for things to think about.