Re: title inclusion

From: Jo Miller <jo@bendingline.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 13:45:29 -0500
To: WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
>Very often, four or five words in an alt and a couple of sentences
>in a title fully and completely sum up an image.

As Al Gilman pointed out recently [1], the presence of a title
attribute causes JAWS to ignore the alt attribute completely and read
only the title. Has anyone tested to see how WindowEyes, HPR, etc.
handle the presence of both title and alt? (We have referred to this
behavior as a JAWS bug, but it may simply reflect the way that IE
treats title and alt.) In practical terms, this would simply mean
that if one is including the title attribute for a particular image,
one should not count on users being able to hear or see what's in the
alt attribute.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2001JulSep/0590.html
--
Jo Miller