Re: Clear and simple writing

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 21:06:39 -0500 (EST)
To: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
cc: WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Yes, that is the question we are now grappling with (assuming we agree that
it is a desirable goal - that seems so, although there hasn't been any
statement from the chairs yet).

In terms of looking at CSS-capable browsers it is fairly straightforward - we
can write stylesheets that will do the job. For browsers that are not using
CSS I think the best options are fast becoming the use of proxy-based
systems, such as that available for tablin, although getting people to
upgrade browsers (and authoring tools for that matter) is the ideal solution,
if not something that will happen - but that is really a whole issue on its
own, that of "baseline capabilities".

Cheers

Charles