Re: Clear and simple writing

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 18:44:50 -0800
To: jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au, Web Content Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 11:31 AM +1100 11/25/01, Jason White wrote:
>Thus, taking checkpoint 3.3 as an example, we should first reach
>agreement on clear, testable success criteria and techniques which we
>have good grounds for concluding (on the basis of relevant research)
>are of real and substantial benefit to people. Charles and Lisa have
>made a start in this direction.
>
>Only after we know what the relevant techniques are, should we
>consider what it would be practical or reasonable to require of all
>web sites, and how checkpoint 3.3 best fits into whatever conformance
>scheme is devised for the guidelines

I also think this needs to apply to our own demands for self-
conformance as well.  In other words, I think it's premature for
members of the group to demand "dogfood" at this time, and I think
it would DEFINITELY be a shame if people are demanding "dogfood"
as a way of say, when it's not readibly provided, "aha, then the
requirement to illustrate is bogus."

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>