Re: Deconstructing WCAG: FWAP 0.1 Straw Man

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lguarino@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:02:25 -0800
To: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Kynn,

Aside from having some problems with the specific PDF modules you
included, there is a lot I like about this approach.

However, I'm a bit confused about the relationship between general
modules and technology specific modules. For instance, you included
both a module on abbreviations and on HTML abbreviations, with a
dependency noted.  Is that the way to indicate a module which is a
technology-specific implementation of a more general requirement?
This seems to be a slightly different relationship than, say, the
Strict HTML's dependency on Valid HTML.

This also seems to scatter technology-specific requirements, rather
than gathering them together in one place so someone using that
technology can be sure to catch all the requirements, and someone
who isn't using a specific technology can ignore the related
requirements. But this may just be a problem of presentation, not of
content.

	Loretta