Assistive TEchnology levels?

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <GV@TRACE.WISC.EDU>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 21:05:23 -0600
To: "GLWAI Guidelines WG \(GL - WAI Guidelines WG\)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

In looking at the topic of AT it occurs to me that we might have
different levels of AT and ability to use technology

Perhaps we have three levels
1 - the ability to Access using any existing tools
2 - the ability to Access using standard browsers and moderately priced
AT.  (less than $300 ??)
3 - the ability to Access using browsers and AT in their default
settings.

(this last one is added since most people don’t know how to custom
configure their software)

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Human Factors