Re: Minimum Set = eliminate barriers with aid of AT.

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 17:05:53 -0800
To: <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, "GLWAI Guidelines WG \(GL - WAI Guidelines WG\)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 12:33 PM -0600 2001/10/28, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
>It is posted to group for comment.

Here is some comment. :)

>The checkpoints in the minimum set are those which, if satisfied,
>eliminate barriers that would otherwise prevent an identifiable group
>of users, (with the aid of client-side software and assistive
>technologies), from reading, understanding, navigating or interacting
>with the content.

Sounds somewhat exclusionary for groups of end users for which there
is no identifiable "assistive technologies" which are in widespread
use.  I'm specifically thinking of cognitive disabilities here, but
also --

Question:  Does this mean that a "don't trigger photo-epileptic attacks"
checkpoint would not be part of the minimum set?  It's priority 1 in
WCAG 1.0 and is required by Section 508.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison