Re: First Stab at Set of Principles for 'Minimum Conformance'

I love it when Kynn gets to it.
I completely agree, that checkpoints should not be excluded from minimal
requirements, because :
a, they are hard to implement
b, they are hard to test

I wonder if any checkpoint is impossible to test. With a good QA department,
control groups of users, the right equipment, .....
expensive and difficult - not impossible.

As to excluding checkpoints that are not easy testable or requires a
judgment call. If  the fulfillment of a checkpoint is a matter for debate it
will promote discussion - and I say, the more the better. It is discussion
and real live testing that will help the contented provider understand what
accessibility is about. Not neat ticks in checkboxes.

My comment that we should consider undue burdens based on real life. I do
not see a benefit from every legislation writing new requirements, so that
undue burden is considered.

I proposal remains that we have alternative sets within the minimal
requirements, one for the retrofitting situation, one easily testable ect.
For each sub set it should be made clear that this is not all the minimal
frequents just thoughts that  can easily be implemented when retrofitting.
Weather we use Kynns grid or something other set would then be the next
debate.

Any objections?

Lisa