Re: Problems with OTACS-2

At 08:31 AM 10/27/01 -0700, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
>At 8:04 PM -0400 2001/10/26, Anne Pemberton wrote:
>>         The other side of the coin is that in the case of Dyslexia, it
>> is presumed that the user should have a speech reader which is NOT free,
>> and not provided by good site authors who generally tend to put a link
>> to download the plug-in when their pages need it.
>
>What?  Those users should just use Macintosh which has the built in
>ability to read text out loud.
>
>Now, see, I'm not REALLY arguing that, I'm just pointing out that such
>arguments are very easy to make but very problematic in practice.

Haven't seen a MAC has a built in Screen Reader - but I don't think we have
any newer than the G-3's. Further MACs seem more costly than Windows or
Unix machines, which probably offsets the free speech reader, unless you
need a MAC for some other reason, such as for certain ATs.

But, yes, I see your point. What may seem perfectly reasonable from afar is
a major obstacle for an individual ...

                                                 Anne

Anne Pemberton
apembert@erols.com