Re: FW: Revision to Web Accessibility Policy

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 23:08:15 -0700
To: Anne Pemberton <apembert@erols.com>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 7:03 PM -0400 2001/10/23, Anne Pemberton wrote:
>Matt and Kynn,
>
>         Studying the conformance scheme ideas .... I think when Kynn
>says he wants it to be flexible, he means with little or no
>conformance scheme - put out the guidelines and let everyone pick
>and choose what to follow? Such a scheme would lend itself to a
>variety of interpretations by policy-makers as well as by those who
>direct the web designers' work. The alternative is a priority scheme
>(which is the task this week) ....

Issue, as a W3C note, a set of non-normative "example accessibility
policies" after soliciting input from various site operator groups.

Just don't make it a part of the official spec, which should be a
toolkit.

--Kynn

(If you guys played Third Edition Dungeons and Dragons this would be
so much easier to explain via analogy.)

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison