Re: First Stab at Set of Principles for 'Minimum Conformance'

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 22:59:34 -0700
To: "Jim Ley" <jim@e-media.co.uk>, "Anne Pemberton" <apembert45@yahoo.com>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 5:30 PM +0000 2001/10/24, Jim Ley wrote:
>There needs to be some HTML mechanisms for providing multimedia
>alternative content before this can be normative I feel.

No, the principle is either a good one or it's not.  It should not be
based on what's included in current HTML specifications.  If HTML is
broken such that you can't create accessible web sites, we need to start
telling people to stop using HTML -- not decide to make our principles
"non-normative."

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>