Re: First Stab at Set of Principles for 'Minimum Conformance'

> No minimum conformance will be acceptable without inclusion of the needs
of
> the cognitively and reading disabled population. It makes no difference
> whether a blind person is faced with a page of graphics without alt text
or
> a reading disabled person is faced with a page of text without
> illustrations, they are equally inaccessible to the respective users.
> Either situation presents as "no access" to the user.

Amazingly I feel myself disagreeing with you here,
As a dyslexic, I can always down load a screen reader and have sections read
to me when I can not handle more reading.

To be honest, I do not like this minimum requirement thing, I see why it is
important, but as soon as we have said this is the minimum most people will
call it quits, and yes, Anne is right, that reading disabilities will be
left out. Maybe we could call it "first step" .

Equally important is cognitive disabilities, like semantic pragmatic, were
non literal text is taken literally, and the user can actual be misled.

I would say that any checkpoint that could prevent the user being
misinformed or misled, should be in minimum requirements.

yours,
Lisa