Re: Conformance Ideas Collection #2

From: <kynn-eda@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:03:41 -0700 (PDT)
To: seeman@netvision.net.il
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org (_W3C-WAI Web Content Access. Guidelines List)
Lisa wrote:
> We also found an accessibility problem when using AA in that some screen
> reader reads it, making it sound the same a triple A.

Yes -- this is why use of "A", "AA" (that's two As) etc is a bad idea.
If we have to have a WCAG 1.0-style compliance scheme at all, let's just
call the minimum level "C", non-compliance "F", and higher compliance
is "B" and "A".  This mimics the American (and perhaps other) school
system style of grades.

Of course that means that anyone who said "Single-A compliance with
WCAG is our policy" must now recode to Triple-A standards but, hey, is
that an entirely bad thing? :)

--Kynn