methods for conformance claims Re: Consensus Items

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 14:32:48 -0400 (EDT)
To: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
cc: "GLWAI Guidelines WG (GL - WAI Guidelines WG)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
I do not think we should require of all claims that they be in a detailed
machine readable format. This will be a pain for people who know how to do an
assessment and regularly do them to a simple level.

I would support requiring a machine readable for of a claim at a given
conformance level, since this is small enough to be done easily (and we can
provide cut-and-paste stuff based on form-filling already).

I still support some form of conformance claim that can be written by a
person, and includes some reasonably good identification method such as
inclusion of a known image file linked to a known URI.

I think we should strongly support machine-readable, detailed claims.

Charles