who understands "interface to policy setters" super-well

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:13:42 -0400
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Friday and Saturday I was sitting in meetings related to the U.S.
Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center on TeleRehabilitation.  One of
the distinguished participants was one Dena Pushkin, of the following

 Office for the Advancement of Telehealth - Who we are

The things that she said in the meetings left me feeling that she, and
people in similar positions around the globe, have a highly developed
wisdom about how to say things that are usable by policy setters, without
stepping over the line into the policy setters' turf.

A related observation is that the medical community has a rich culture for
developing 'evaluation protocols' and 'deployment plans.'  This suggests
that this community is a resource for us.  Maybe we should benchmark
(review) their practices concerning evaluation protocols and standards of
evidence.  Not that we need to eat the whole thing, but that understanding
how they do it will help us arrive at a stripped down version that works,
instead of having to learn from scratch.

..more at

 Re: .html? File Extensions Perhaps Not So Harmful